The Kloud-12 software works with your Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive to give you, as the user, complete control of your classroom camera recording files. Our software automatically creates one main folder in your Drive, labeled "Kloud-12." One-Time recordings will be published straight to this folder by the software.
For Recurring Recordings, Kloud-12 recommends the best practice of setting up additional subfolders within a main Kloud-12 folder, named for each recording subject or class period. This will help you quickly and easily find classroom recording files in your Drive, once they are processed and delivered. For example, you can set up recordings of "First Period Math" to go directly to a "First Period Math" Google or OneDrive folder, and be able to scroll through all files for that period by the date and time stamp of the recording file.
Take a few moments to think about how you would like to organize your videos, and set up your folders and subfolders to suit your needs, prior to scheduling. This is a one-time set-up task to help you be successful in managing your recording files.
Once your folders are set up in Google Drive, you can choose them from a drop-down menu in your Kloud-12 dashboard, when scheduling recurring recordings. The software will then auto-deliver the recording file to whatever folder destination you chose.
Follow these steps to set up folders for your Kloud-12 recordings:
- Log into your Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Select New to create a new folder.
- For Google Drive Users: name this folder "Kloud-12," then go into this newly-created folder and repeat the steps to create additional, nested subfolders for each recording period.
- For OneDrive Users: there are no nested subfolders in OneDrive, so create a new folder for each recording period.
- If your Kloud-12 dashboard is already open, hit refresh to connect your drive folders to the software, or log out and back in to your Kloud-12 account for the folders to show in your recording scheduling options.
- When creating Recurring Recordings, you can now select your desired destination folder from the drop-down list in Kloud-12, and the software will automatically send the recording file to the destination you choose.
For more help, view our video on Setting up folder and Overview of Recordings
Please sign in to leave a comment.