If the recording was created in Quad Mode, meaning the camera view was set on quad view when the recording took place, the Kloud-12 editor will allow you to extract just one quadrant from the recording file!
Reasons you may want to extract a view are if you would like a close up view of the board, or you need to remove visible students for privacy concerns before sharing the recording. For more on Camera View Modes, see Managing Your Camera View
To select a quadrant to be extracted from your video recording file, you'll follow a similar process as for trimming & clipping, to first log in to your account, then load the desired file from the completed recordings of your account into dashboard or online editor.
For more on loading files into the editor, see Intro to Navigating the Kloud-12 Editor
Follow these steps to extract a quadrant from your recording -
- Once the video is selected from the folder and loaded into the editor window, give the edited version a name. Reminder: as a best practice, we recommend giving a name to your edited videos so that you can easily stay organized with your goals and needs.
- In the lower portion of the editor window, you'll see where you have the option to extract a quadrant. It says "Extract Quad" and indicates which quadrant is currently selected. The default is none, which includes all four quadrant views in the recording file. The indicator will say "None."
- To extract just one quadrant, click the green "Edit" button on the lower right.
- Clicking the "Edit" button opens a pop-up window where you can select the view from quadrant 1, 2, 3, or 4.
- Click on the quadrant number you want to extract.
- The selected quadrant will now be listed in the Extract Quad indicator for you to confirm.
- When you are satisfied with your edits and extraction choice, click "Save Video" in the upper right to save the edited recording file. You'll see a green confirmation message that the new edited version of the file will appear in your Google Drive or OneDrive, under the name you have given it. It may take a few minutes for this edited recording to show up in your account folder.
- When this edited recording has saved and delivered to your "Edited" folder, you will see that the extraction has pulled out just the selected quadrant view!
For a video walkthrough, see this section of our Dashboard Demonstration video: Editing - Extract a Quad
For more on editing recordings see: Working with the Editor - How to Trim & Clip.
Please sign in to leave a comment.